Saturday, November 19, 2016

Golgatha - 2004 - Ewiger Hass

This German Black Metal horde just recently released this their first demo containing five tracks, including an intro. Midpaced to fast Black Metal, more towards the slightly melodic kind, with guitar harmonies is what we are presented with here. I find some Nattens Madrigal era Ulver in the track "Gedanken", but otherwise this reminds me a lot of mid '90ies melodic Black Metal. Some newer musical elements are present here as well. I find some slight references to Nephenzy here, too.

The vocals can best be described as sounding like sore screams. They remind me of those by Dis in Nebular Mystic. I really like them.

The soundquality on this recording is quite good. You can clearly hear the instruments and the vocals in the mix. If slightly melodic Black Metal is your thing I suggest you check them out. This demo is limited to 333 copies, so don't wait too long.

Standout tracks are "Ewiger Hass" and "Einsamkeit".

Monday March 7 2005, by :Vragh:

No comments:

Post a Comment