Friday, November 18, 2016

Cryfemal - 2007 - Apoteosis Oculta

Out of Spain comes this one man Black Metal band. We are presented with eight tracks of mid-paced
to fast Black Metal with a touch of the depressive.

The vocals really remind me a lot of those by Marco Kehren of Deinonychus, a rather desperate
sounding, screaming vocal style. All the lyrics are in Spanish, which is an approach I find interesting.

There is a seriously good groove to the music, which at times reminds me of early Ancient with
similarities in song structure with Burzum. The sound here also reminds me a bit of Isvind. Not a
bad bunch to be compared with. What makes it even more interesting is that this in fact has a quite
unique sound.

The soundquality is rather good here. There is of course that somewhat filthy and slightly murky sound I expect from most bands that are from southern Europe, but that just adds an edge to it. The drums and vocals are what are at the front of the mix here, closely followed by the guitar. The only instrument I can't really hear that clearly in the mix is the bass. The sound of the recording is quite sharp and clear.

The only thing I would complain about is the sound of the cymbals which I find to be a bit too tinny and unorganic at times.

Standout tracks are "El Tornado de Cesar el Ahorcado" and "Apocalipsis".

Sunday May 31 2009, by :Vragh:

No comments:

Post a Comment