Saturday, November 19, 2016

Goatvomit666 - 2003 - Demo

British act Goatvomit666 have released their, as far as I know, first demo. They play slow, doomy Death/Black Metal, and we are presented with 5 tracks on this demo. I really like this. They have a somewhat murky production that puts the bass quite a lot in the foreground, which fits the music nicely, and at times they also have some serious groove in their music.

The vocals are handled well too, classic Black Metal vocals, but with a nice edge to them. The track "The Fall of Heaven" actually reminds me of Blodulv, but without the drum machine. The track "The Fall of Heaven" reminds me strangely enough of a track by Lumsk, despite the fact that their music sounds nothing like them.

The only thing I can complain about here is the fact that they have an intro, a Sodom cover ("Blasphemer / Burst Command til War") and an outro, which leaves us with only 2 tracks of their own material. I would really have liked to hear more. At the time of writing they are on their way to record a second demo.

Sunday February 15 2004, by :Vragh:

No comments:

Post a Comment